Steps of bhasmikaran
- “The sheets of metals are heated till red hot and are successively dipped into liquids like oil, buttermilk, cow’s urine etc. The procedure is repeated seven times”.
Literal and symbolic meaning of bhasma
The power of bhasma
Bhasma and tattwa shuddhi
Major Benefits of Abhrak Bhasma
- It finds its application in curing diseases like Hepatitis, Tuberculosis, Asthma and Plague.
- Abhrak Bhasma is also recommended for breathlessness due to chronic Bronchitis, Asthma, and even Chest Congestion. When taken in the initial stage of TB, it can completely cure it.
- It is beneficial to all the seven dhatus (energy elements) in the body.
- It rejuvenates the human mind.
- It improves blood circulation, improves the general tone of tissues and conductivity.
- It cures erectile dysfunction and impotency in men.
- Abhrak is hematinic, which means increases the count of red blood cells. This also increases oxygen carrying ability of the cells.
- It helps in curing jaundice and anemia.
- It restores damaged tissues and maintains their health.
- It is highly effective in cases of bone marrow depletion and hepatic dysfunction.
- It is effective in curing respiratory tract infections.
- It is beneficial for curing Bells Palsy and dysentery.
- It is beneficial in curing anemia, pernicious and azoospermia.
- Also, helps in controlling many types of veneral diseases like EBV, HIV, Lupus bronchitis and pneumonia.
- It cures breast cancer.
- It is also known to cure chronic hyperacidity like stomach-ache and vomiting with blood.
Major Benefits of Swarna Bhasma
- Swarna Bhasma improves resistance power in human body.
- It is responsible for boosting immunity and strengthening the human body.
- It can be used on a regular basis as an alterative and acts as a nerve tonic.
- Swarna Bhasma is excellent in treating Anemia, and chronic fever.
- Due to its gold base, it is helpful in improving complexion.
- Swarna Bhasma eradicates all chronic disorders, when used consistently.
- It is indicated in chronic fever, cough, Asthma, urinary disorders, sleeplessness and weak digestion.
- It strengthens weak muscles, debilities associated with old-age.
- It is excellent for treating Tuberculosis.
- It increases sexual power.
- Swarna Bhasma slows down the process of degeneration of tissues thus helps to prevent premature ageing.
- It helps prevent symptoms of ageing like wrinkles, dullness of skin, dark circles around the eyes, debility, fatigue, etc.
- Swarna Bhasma strengthens tissues and ligaments of the human body.
- It is highly effective in maintaining vigor, vitality and stamina.
- Hirak Bhasma is known the world over to make the human body stronger and the mind sharper.
- It is also recommended for the well-being of the human heart.
- It helps in toning the muscles of the heart.
- Its regular consumption as a tonic or an alterative, under medical prescription or supervision is known for toning the heart muscles.
- Hirak Bhasma also increases stamina, vitality and strength.
- It is highly effective against immunity disorders.
- It is known for curing Crippling Rheumatoid
- It is effective against Bone marrow depression and arthritis.
- Hirak Bhasma is also known to cure one of the most dangerous and lethal diseases known to mankind: cancer. When used in the initial stages, under medical supervision, it can cure cancerous cells.
- Ayurvedic formulary of India , 1978a
- Major Herbs of Ayurveda, Elizabeth M. Williamson. ISBN 0-443-07203-5
- CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report: Lead Poisoning Associated with Ayurvedic Medications — Five States, 2000–2003